What You Can Anticipate Before, During, and After Taking Generic RU-486 in Regards to Dosage, Side Effects, and Cost
Table of Contents:
- How Does One Make Use of RU486?
- Side Effects
- Other Considerations
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Does One Make Use of Generic RU-486?There are three phases to the procedure if you decide to utilize the abortion pill, and they are as follows:
- To begin, you will visit the office of your healthcare practitioner or a medical facility where you will be provided with Generic RU-486 (Mifepristone) to take orally. It is possible that you may also be required to take an antibiotic at this time.
- Next, between 24 and 48 hours after taking the Mifepristone, you will need to take a second drug by mouth, typically at home. This medicine will be given to you by your healthcare provider. The name Misoprostol knows it. Ensure that your healthcare professional instructs you on how and when to take the Misoprostol and follow their directions strictly.
- In conclusion, you will need to schedule a follow-up visit with your primary care physician around two weeks following the first consultation. This is highly significant because your healthcare provider will check to ensure that the abortion pills have been effective. To confirm that you are not pregnant anymore, your healthcare practitioner will most likely do an ultrasound or a blood test to check for pregnancy hormones.
2. The Workings of ItRU486 prevents progesterone from binding to its receptors in the body. The hormone known as progesterone is responsible for the thickening of the uterus lining, which occurs during pregnancy preparation. Because the Mifepristone causes the lining of your uterus to shed, your pregnancy will no longer be able to continue. This is because the egg will no longer have something to be connected to, and hence it will no longer be possible for the egg to implant. After that, the Misoprostol will induce contractions to occur in the uterus. This makes it possible for your uterus to be evacuated.
3. Who Can Use It?The FDA has given RU486 the green light for use by females up to 10 weeks pregnant or up to 70 days after the first day of their most recent menstrual cycle.
4. The Repercussions of RU486After taking the abortion pill, you should be prepared to experience several adverse effects. These may include the following:
- Symptoms of sickness and diarrhea;
- Strenuous bleeding (there may be large clots in the blood);
- Ache in the stomach;
- On the day you take the Misoprostol, you may have a mild fever or chills.
5. The Amount of Time Needed and Its EffectivenessAfter taking Mifepristone, more than half of women will have their pregnancies terminated within four or five hours after starting treatment. The termination of the pregnancy should take place within a few days, but it may take a little longer for some women. When anything like this takes place, you should be prepared to see blood clots, and the cramping may persist on and off for many days. When administered in conjunction with Misoprostol, RU486 facilitates the termination of a pregnancy without the need for surgical intervention and has a success rate ranging from 92 to 98 percent. Mifepristone's effectiveness ranges from around 64 percent to 85 percent when administered independently.
- Surgical abortion is more invasive to the body than the other methods.
- Because of the sensations associated with the procedure, some individuals believe that it is a more natural kind of abortion than others.
- Can be utilized as early as the first trimester of pregnancy.
7. DisadvantagesAs a result of the fact that conception and implantation have already taken place, some individuals consider this practice immoral.
- There is a possibility that Mifepristone will not be an option for women who have liver or renal disease, anemia, diabetes, Rh-negative blood, or who are very overweight.
- This approach calls for several consultations with the attending physician, and there is also the potential that it may not be successful.
- If the abortion pill does not successfully stop your pregnancy, there is a possibility that the baby may be born with a congenital disability if you choose to take the pregnancy to term.